Monday, February 22, 2010

Shoes, Cup, and Cork Club

The awesomest Chandelier!!! :D
MMM MMM good!! and so purty!
The name of the Coffee Shop
We got into the car and headed for the Winery, we were chatting away, when Ana says, oh.. its 4:15, do you think we will even have time to do any tasting before they start closing up? Usually they close the Wine bar 15 minutes at least before the actual closing time. I called the Winery, yup, they said the Wine bar closes at 4:45. RATS! Oh well, What to do now? Ana knew of a little coffee shop in Leesburg that she had been wanting to try, so, not willing to turn down a cup of coffee and the awesome atmosphere of a coffee house, of course I agreed that we definately needed to check out the Shoes, Cup, and Cork Club.
It was the sweetest little place! Very unique, they had old shoe making contraptions sitting in the window, along with what I believe might have been a cobblers bench. We walked in, and who was sitting there reading a paper or something but the young bar tender we had met at The Wine Kitchen the night before!! We were sitting, chatting away when I looked up and did a double take... was that boots hanging from the ceiling???? Yep, it was...
There was a couple, maybe thier second date that settled to our left, between us and the bartender guy, and they were talking and laughing away, definately seeming to hit it off, there were two teenage girls, one with a mouthful of braces discussing whatever teenage girls can discuss so passionately, and a few other people at the other tables in the room.
Soon enough we decided we were getting hungry, so we headed home, and made taco dip!! yummy! The evening was pretty quiet, I think we were both dreading the coming goodbye. At about ten o clock pm Ana took me to the little parking lot to get my car, and helped me load it up with my stuff then we stood looking at each other, both fighting back tears... "I always hate this part!!!" Ana said, and we both laughed as we hugged and said good bye. She left, I headed back to her house to sleep a few hours then start off early in the morning for home.



No comments:

Post a Comment