Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Journey

6:59 pm On my way North!!
1:00 am South Carolina


I was determined to make it into North Carolina before stopping to sleep, at about 2:00 AM I was nearly to the NC boarder, but was really tired, so I stopped to go to the B-room, and walk around a bit. I noticed there were about 7 other cars parked there sleeping, so I parked in the middle of them, pulled out my blanket and slept until I woke up, about 4:00 am. I was really out of it, but I got back on the highway. Once the sun started coming up I was good to go.


Just South of North Carolina there was a restaurant called South of the Border...



5:00 am.


I took this picture in the North Carolina Welcome Center, when I passed Raliegh North Carolina area I sent a message to a friend, I knew his parents lived close by, if you are in NC I'm passing you and waving!!! WOO HOO!

9:00 am

YES!! I made it to Virginia!!!

Somewhere in there I was getting really low on gas, so I decided to stop at the next town, but they only had 1 gas station there, so I decided to keep on going to the next town. "Ahhh, I can make it!" Hummm.. right. I get to the town, there are about 5 gas stations, so I am happy, but somehow I made a wrong turn, and ended up back on 95 going south, back toward the town I had just passed. Oh No!!! I was almost positive I didn't have enough gas left to get me back to that town... :S. I was on the ramp into town when the car started slowing down. I began to pray... "oh God please..." I looked for the BP station that had been advertised on the highway, it wasn't near. Kitty corner from the stop was a different one. I looked both ways, a semi was coming on my right, but it was going pretty slow, and if I let my car stop, I knew it wouldn't keep going.... so I kept it floored, and somehow I managed to get it up that ramp, thru the stop sign, (without stopping) across the street to the other side and it rolled to a complete stop in front of the closest pump. My heart was beating so wildly. What if I had been on the highway?? I know there was an angel pushing my car up that ramp!!!

I stopped for some protein at a BK about 2 hours b4 I got to Ana's, washed my face, and tried to get some energy. There were two girls there that I made friends with and chatted to while they were on thier breaks.

As I drove thru Warrenton I was flooded with memories of when I was here last time. I was getting so excited, but I knew I was about exhausted, just gotta keep going.. alittle farther. The abundant snow was magnificent on the hills tho, every turn of the road brought new and better pictures into my view. I love it!!!

1:00 pm Arrived in Purcellville Virginia

I pulled into the Giant Grocery store in Purcellville, I felt like my brain was a lifeless lump of mush. After calling Ana I fell asleep in my car until she knocked on my car window, making me jump about a mile.

I made it....

No comments:

Post a Comment