Monday, February 22, 2010

February 18, 2010

An old barn!
New Haircut...

The cutest little house!
An office building! Gorgeous!

My last day in Virginia I spent at the Outlet Mall for a long while, speed shopping thru the other half of the stores, that Ana and I hadn't covered before. By about 2:00 pm I was getting pretty tired, I'm not a hard core shopper usually lol. So I decided to set out in search of a Hair place. The girl in Claire's had kindly pointed me North saying, somewhere over there is one... lol. So I went "over there" I found a Walmart, and I thought maybe there would be a salon in the Walmart, but it didn't seem to be that way. On my way out of the parking lot, I noticed that there was a place called A cut Above (I think). So I decided to take a chance and try it out. I went in, and every worker there was foriegn, and there was even an older man cutting a man's hair. I asked how much a cut would cost and the lady told me, I thought it wasn't too bad, so I waited. They led me to the back, washed my hair, which I had just washed that morning, but oh well, and then pointed me toward the man's seat. Huh? I was alittle freaked out, a GUY cutting my hair??? Never done that before!!! I swallowed my fear, and told myself that he wouldn't be working there unless he had a talent, and took the seat offered.
He asked me what I would like done with my hair, and I asked him to make bangs, and layer it, and please take off the split ends that have been driving me nuts. "Oh, you want a bang.. we make a bang for you" He smiled and nodded. "I take off this much? This ok?" He held his comb about two inches above the bottom of my hair, I nodded.. Whatever it takes to get rid of the split ends.. And he started chopping. I watched carefully how he styled my bangs, not having seen any one use a blow dryer before to style them, and liking the way they turned out, decided to go buy me one of those round brushes so I could copy the style myself. I wasn't so sure about the way he straightened it all.... I paid him, and gave him a generous tip wondering if he was supporting a family on this income.
He finished just in time! It was about 3:30, so I headed over to where Ana works, I was supposed to meet her so that we could head over to the Winery for a tour. We planned it that way, becuz the winery closed at 5, so to go we would have to leave from Leesburg. It took awhile for her to get out of her meeting, so I took a walk, the sunshine was gorgeous that day, and I wanted to get the most of it! lol, I walked down the road a ways, I had seen some really neat buildings, some of which didn't look like they were being used, So I went and checked them out. Later Ana told me that they were going to eventually use all of them, restore them, and use them for school buildings! This isn't common in Indiana.. usually we just tear down old buildings... I like the thought of using whatever we got :) Lotta history in them old barns!

No comments:

Post a Comment