Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dear Friend...

Today I want to let you know how much you mean to me, to thank you for all the times you have been there for me, you have listened to, prayed for, cried, hoped, dreamed, laughed and loved with me. I'm sure I will never be able to tell you enough times to truly thank you for all the times you have called right when I needed someone to talk to, or the times you have stopped your work to be there when a catastrophe was happening in my life. The times the world looked too glum and gloomy, but somehow when you finished with me, the rays of sunshine had poked thru the clouds, then burst in to a full sunshiny day. The tears dried, you pulled and prodded till gladly laughter spilled out again. The goofy messages left on my answering machine that made my day brighter. The emails, and the notes. The flowers sent to my house when I was sick, down, had a birthday, or just because. The care and love you showed when it seemed no one else had time. The times we studied, chatted, encouraged each other, laughed, hugged, and cried, up until the wee hours of the night together, neither caring what time it was, or that we had to be up at 5:00am the next morning. Thank you dear friend. I love you so much, and may the Lord help me to be half the friend to you and others, as you have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment