Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chloe....

Chloe's little paw, on my hand

Chloe, sleeping in my hand once she started getting bigger

Chloe, soon after she started getting her strength back, in dad's hand

Chloe has been getting so much bigger! She is such a fighter, only half the size of the other puppies, but she pushes and shoves her way to her momma to eat many times a day, she seems to be thriving now, back out with her family. A couple of weeks ago, only a day after they were born, we found her cold, and nearly gone out in the dog pen, we got her warmed up and fed her every few hours, soon she was this tiny strong white mouse creature standing on her hind legs pushing against my hand pawing at the little tiny bottle as she nursed from it. By the time we put her out with her mommy her eyes were open, a gorgeous blue, and she was so ornery. One time I was gently pulling on her little ear commenting how it looked like a tiny piece of cut leather and she started her little squealing telling me she didn't like it. She made me laugh. I'm so thankful she made it alive, we have had three other puppies in this litter die, and we aren't sure why, so... Chloe is our miracle baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment