Monday, April 26, 2010

A VERY close call...

I had just gotten out of my work meeting, I was enjoying the sunshine, and my music up loud. I was on my way to the library, the grocery store, and the wellness center in Warsaw. I had slowed down for a van that was turning right in front of me, and had glanced down then back up to the road as I started to speed up, just to see a bright red vehicle crossing the road RIGHT in front of me. The lady had pulled out while the van turned, not even knowing if someone was coming or not. I was sure I wouldn't have time to get stopped, but by some miracle I was stopped bare inches from the lady in the car's door. My whole body was trembling and I couldn't seem to get my breath as I watched the lady back up, returning to the side road where she had come from. How did I get from 45 to 0 mph in the 2 seconds if that since I'd seen the car? I had barely had a chance to apply the brakes!

I continued on, my mind in a fuzzle, as I drove I noticed the little pickup that had been behind me before the almost accident, was still behind me. Not only had God protected me and my little car.... He had protected the people behind me, and that lady... If I had hit that lady going the speed I was going, she could have been seriously hurt.... and I would have felt responsible. I prayed and thanked the Lord over and over for his protecting angels being around me and my car, and getting me stopped before I'd hit that lady!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're alright!! Those close calls are God's reminders that he's always protecting us. :)

    ReplyDelete