Monday, April 26, 2010

4-25-10 Sunday

Hi! I'm so tired! wow.... what a day. Today I woke up around 9:00 am, I had planned on getting up earlier and going to church, but my little brothers and sister whom I was baby-sitting today didn't want to go to church today.. soooo, I slept alittle later. Which, I had been really tired, so the sleeping in part wasn't so bad. What was awesome was....

When I went downstairs I got my breakfast, and told the kids my game plan. We were going to have our own church. I put a worship CD in, and told them, that even tho they may not know the songs, they were to try to worship God this morning. We joined hands in a circle, and thanked the Lord for the Holy Spirit, and His presence on our service, we asked Him to come and be with us as we worshipped, and please be glorified. That we would all come away with something new today.

We sang and danced, and clapped our hands to the Lord. I felt His presence over us so strong. One song was singing of "The Promise" something hit me, I didn't know where it was going, but I jumped to turn off the CD player and asked each of the kids what they thought "the promise" is. I got three very good answers, but none were the complete answer. Words began spilling out of my mouth totally unplanned, as I told the kids what came to my heart, I watched as my little sisters eyes filled with tears and the tears began to run down her face, my littlest brother leaned forward with attention. My other brother sat with a frown on his face acting like I was crazy, but I kept talking, I knew the Lord was ministering thru me. We finished up with some bible games. After this the kid's attitudes were so much better, and I realized that I was happy. The loneliness I have been struggling with for the last couple weeks was gone.

I realized how long it has been since I have felt the Lords presence, and known that He was using me, His presence in our lives makes everything worthwhile, puts the purpose in our life and the peace in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. I want to hear about the promise too! I want to know what you told them~ sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete