Thursday, April 22, 2010

David's Version

How Long O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? Look on me and answer, O Lord, my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say I have overcome him, and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.

Psalm 13

Notes: Don't you just love David's honesty? He didn't act like he had it all together. He knew God already saw his heart, so he held nothing back. Then he chose to cling to the truth. Despite his pain, he trusted in God's unfailing love. Even when life looked bleak, he still praised God. How was he able to maintain that perspective? We're given a clue: David focused on God's goodness to him. When you're struggling, share your feelings with God. Then let him remind you of his goodness to you to give you comfort in the midst of your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment