Friday, April 9, 2010

Thanks 4-7-10

Sitting at the table tonight, showing my little sister how to crochet. No, I have never taught her before, my little brothers always had interest to learn, maybe more for attention from thier big sis than anything, but Abby never has.. until today.. When I showed her the sweet soft neon green color I had bought, and told her that she could make a purse with it.... then her eyes lit up, and she was willing to try. She learned quickly, and in no time was doing an awesome job, so I had pulled out the scarf I've been working on for one of my brothers. My dad came into the Dining room and pats me on the shoulder, teasing me about crocheting, I looked up at him and laughed, teasing him back. Lately its more and more often that I hear real laughter bubbling from my lips, and feel that free delight in my soul, something I don't remember since I was so young, sometimes I stop and wonder.. "what was that?" when it happens. I don't know what is changing, if its a work that the Lord is doing in my life that I can let loose and enjoy things again, or maybe its that my thyroid is working better now... I'm just amazed at the difference. I pray that it never goes back to how I was before! Nearly every day I see both my mom and dad at different times stop and look at me with this indistinguishable look in thier eyes, something like unbelief and joy. Today I heard my mom say when she was talking to an aunt on the phone, "I have MY SARAH back!!" This year I have rolled in the grass with my little siblings, willingly helped my little sister nearly every day that I am home with her chores, talked every day with my mom, without argueing with her, and daily I'm learning how to treat her with the respect she learns, and its not a battle any more. We are friends again. Not once this year have I shut myself alone in my apartment with alchohol, movies, and misery. I LOVE life!! Thank you so much Jesus!! I'm so grateful to you!!!

1 comment: