Thursday, April 15, 2010

Alone

I was driving alone into town last night. I stopped at a red light, and gazed into the heavens thru my sun roof. The stars were so brilliant in the dark sky. "Dear God," I prayed "Oh that I had someone who I could share this with..." The light turned green and I drove on, enjoying the warm spring night by myself. We walked to my grandparents, across the field for a visit, on the way back, it was that moment right before the last of the sun dissappears beyond the horizon, the birds and the crickets were singing thier song. I walked behind my mom and my sister, feeling the fact that if the Lord would bring me someone, we might be doing the same thing...together. We talked about the fact that there are continually angels around us at all times, we are not alone, yet I felt so alone. I looked up, once again, and began to talk to my Jesus about how I was feeling. I asked him to take care of the man that He had for me, that He would guide him, and show him His ways. That he would continue to make me more like Him, so I would be ready. Right then my mom spoke up out of the silence, as if she had read my thoughts she began telling me that she was praying for the man that God has for me, that he would be a kindred spirit for me, and that we would be best friends, and understand each other well. I began to cry, she didn't see the tears pouring down my face, as it was pretty dark, and she and my sister were walking ahead. I miss the cameraderie I had with this guy in the past, I have never been able to talk with and connect with anyone like that before, even my girlfriends. I miss that. I know that God has someone who will be even better, even tho I can't fathom understanding any one better than I did him. I know God is in control, and that each time I am lonely, He is teaching me to rely on Him. Tho I may be lonely, I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment