Friday, April 9, 2010

Loved Ones

My head rests on my elbow on the desk. Tears pour down my face, but as you speak to my heart a tremulous smile breaks across my face. So tempted to despair at times because it seems like I'm so out of control, can't do the things I want to. Want to help people I love out, but don't have the means, want to encourage them but don't have the words, want to show them how much you really love them, but my arms cannot reach to where they are. Would do my best to speak in love, but they don't seem to want to hear. When I begin to falter, and doubt begins to creep in, You remind me of what You have done for me. How far You have brought me. I am reassured of how much You love me, how much You love them. That I can rest in You to care for me, that I can rest in You to care for them, because You do love them first... and You do love them more. I will recline in your love, and let you do what you do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment