Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thru the Storm

There is a beautiful building
Set in the hills
with the evening sun
glowing on the sills

Tomorrow it comes
A tempest so strong
The wind is pulling, tearing
Threatening, to carry it along...

But the wind, it buffets
The wind, it screams
How can this place withstand
The pressures, at the seams?

I am a part of this glorious work
My part seems so small, but there I was placed
By the designer, who knew too well...
The struggles thru time, this shelter would face

Can I hold fast, to do my part?
Hold tight tho winds do rage?
Will I fight the angry forces?
till morning-till the end of this age?

I will do this, I will be strong,
I will wait, upon Him, with a song
He made me, He placed me here
With a real purpose, all along....

I am confident, in my soul,
By His grace, His strong right hand
This beautiful thing
That He's started-will stand

This building tomorrow will be
No worse for the wear
The Maker knew what He was doing
As He placed each of us here

With joy, the morning will dawn
Again on this building, the sun will rise
The fear, the confusion will fade
With the coming again, of clear blue skys

Unto you, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy...
PS 59:17

Hear my cry O God; attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth, will I cry unto you, when my heart is overwhelmed.... lead me to the rock, that is higher than I....For you have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower, from the enemy... PS 61:1-3

Oh God, you are my God; early will I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is..... PS 63:1

No comments:

Post a Comment