Friday, December 19, 2008

The Good Life...

Y There is a song, sung by Audio Adrenaline, This is the good life, I've lost everything I could ever want, ever dream of... this is the good life, I've found everything I could ever need, here.. in your arms... I was thinking today, of how its so true how God does that to us. I had so many things in my life that i was just holding onto, and I always was saying, like the Barlow Girl song, Surrender... if I give my dreams to you God, will I still be able to dream?? A few weeks ago i let it go, something I had held onto for over five years.... something I had fought for, not wanting to give it up, something I held dear to my heart, of my own accord, knowing that God wanted me to give it up years ago.... It was hard... One of the hardest things I ever had to do, then a couple weeks later... I gave up something else, another of the hardest things I've ever done. But in return? I have so much joy, I KNOW that He loves me, That I did the right thing, He speaks to me throughout the day again, and I WANT to seek his face in the word again, spend time with HIM. I'm falling in love with Him over again... what an awesome thing the grace of God. I would be so lost without it..... He has set friends in my life that never gave up on me, thank you Lord for them. I realize now how much they were hurt maybe by my stubborness to God, yet now, I need them, and they are here for me, and I am able to be here for them.... And He even brought wonderful new friends too!! Looking back now, I KNOW that I am much better off now... than I was b4. WHY in the world did I not SEE??? No... I don't have a job, I don't have those things I was required to give up right now, BUT I have so much more... what I NEED... what I need, that I have!!!! I am so thankful that HE knew what I would need, even b4 i needed it! I am content now, I know He will supply what I need, when I need it, I know I can trust Him. I know I can rest in Him...Y

No comments:

Post a Comment