Thursday, December 25, 2008

Learning of Christmas

Excitement in the air
Breath Freezes in a cloud
Snow covers the ground everywhere
No where do you see a frown
Every where you look, people are talking
children chattering of gifts desired
Happy faces greet you when you're walking
Some glowing with energy, some tired
Whether tired or not, this time of year
seems to pick you up, and carry you
on an almost visible stream of awesome cheer
without knowing how, you are smiling happily too
Just new to all this fun
I'm looking, learning, and trying to find
the parts of the holiday that come
and still have meaning when you look a year behind
God help me learn a balance
of learning to enjoy this time
and when I look back with a glance
that I'll know you've changed this heart of mine
about gifts don't let me worry too much
except the gift of love you gave us all so freely
please help me be closer to you thru all this cheer
and please help me give your gift of love to those who need it really

No comments:

Post a Comment