Monday, December 15, 2008

Projects

When I was young, very often you'd find me making something with my hands.. Always had one project or another going. Thru the years I got a job, and became busy, it was more and more rare to see me working on projects. I was laid off about 2 months ago, and after the first week I was about going crazy, not having anything to do, but I tried to keep busy with friends, and family, helping mom, ect.
I was going thru a really hard time a week or so ago, and I had gone to one of my best friends house to help her make bread bowls... er well, actually most of the time I ate her yummy food and watched her make the bread bowls, lol, but any way, I was spending time with her...:). So we sat down on the couch, and were chatting when I noticed she had picked up crocheting. I watched her a moment, I had once known how to do that fairly well, but its been sooooo long, I couldnt remember! So I said, Can I do some?? lol she looked at me funny, but being the sweet person she is, she found me a skien of yarn, and a needle and proceeded to help me start a scarf.
I have been working on that scarf since then, and I have started three other projects this last week!! lol. But I have found that working with my hands helps calm my nerves, and helps me to take time to pray, instead of worry...I have found my love of sewing and doing things like that again! Thank you so much girl!! lol. And I'm not BORED any more! :) :) :) Praise GOD!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found something to do, and the fact that you draw closer to God while doing it is such a great blessing! Keep it up!
    Oh, and she sounds like a pretty cool person, maybe I can meet her sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU SHOULD!!! What a GREAT idea!! How about Wednesday??? lol

    ReplyDelete