Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why?

I want to scream at you,
yell at you,
Tell you WHY??
I don't understand!
I want to hit you, pound you
Take out my frustration on you,
Collapse crying against you.

You came into my life like a whirlwind
Unexpected.
You pulled me in
With your uncontainable affection and love,
Made me fall for you, made me love you.

You told me things,
Promised me your world,
Built for me all your dreams
In my mind I still see them
Your dreams became mine

Now where did you go?
I reach for you
The comfort you bring
The arms that sheltered me
When storms raged by

I see you far away
sense you there
but not here
The distance is too far.
You've pulled away too far.

I am now left with this love
that you've awoken...
The whirlwind is gone.
Now I have nothing.
Except a heart that is broken....
and a promise of someday, maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment