Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Michigan

We went camping! Oh... it was alittle bit like I might imagine vacations in heaven will be like :). We listened to christian music all the way up, singing at the top of our lungs, till we could sing no more! When we got there we set up camp, then went down to the lake. I didn't wear my swimsuit down cuz I didn't think we would be swimming much, but when we got down there and the kids got into the water I couldn't resist any longer!! The water was so cool, crisp, and soo clean! I forgot how clean Kneff lake is! And my log.... lol, so much fun to play on, knocking others off, and trying to stand on it. That evening went so fast. On Friday mom and dad went to see a friend of thiers, and left the kids with my friend and I, so we went down to the beach where they found a little boy and girl, and made friends with them, while digging a giant hole in the beach. I didn't swim that time, but I was wishing I had by the time we left the beach at about 11:30, cuz the sun was getting pretty warm. We went back up the steep trail to camp, where mom and dad were ready and waiting to head towards St. Ignace and Bessie's Pasties for lunch. YUMMM!! After lunch we walked around town for awhile and got some fudge before heading back across Macinac Bridge to Grayling. When we returned to Camp Seth and Tom had arrived.. Yay! We all went swimming that evening again. Saturday dawned bright and rainy.. yes.. rain! We huddled under the tarp by the camp fire trying to stay warm while we ate hot biscuits and gravy that Susan and I made. MMmmm. We ate lunch, went shopping and to the museum in Grayling, then went back and swam, despite the lovely drizzly rain.. it still was a ton of fun! The boys managed to dig up lots of treasure off the bottom of the lake, including a few hair bands, a pair of goggles, and a full bottle of blue gatorade... lol. That night at 9:00 everyone, even mom and dad and the kids were seated in the little Grayling theater waiting for Despicable Me to start. :-D In the morning it was promising to be a lovely day, and no one wanted to go home. :(. Mom and Dad decided to stay another couple days, but the youth all loaded up camp, then we went to the SAME miniature golf place that we have gone to every time we go up there, and played a round. After a treat at Dairy Queen, we said goodbye to Grayling Michigan, and started on the way home. We had so much fun camping that my friend and I decided to camp a couple more days at the pond lol... :-D So last night.. in the rain.. again.... We were sleeping in a tent. In the morning when lightning hit really close to the tent, I decided it wasn't such a good time to be in the middle of the yard, that was the quick end to my vacation lol.

1 comment:

  1. Man! That all sounds like so much fun. I think the log thing sounds the most fun haha. But i'm still not convinced that it's funner than the Dunes haha :p

    ReplyDelete