Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Warfare

Today I woke up, it seemed the same as any other day, but from the moment I stepped out of my little apartment, it has been a spiritual battle! I went to my parents, my dad has been really sick with a fever of 103, sometimes 104. Bad.... not good... especially with it being over a week since it started. He had gone to the doctor, he said just let it run its course, its a virus.. tonight he was still sick. I pulled out all those old old, Christ for the Nation worship tapes, the ones that were made in 1980, 82, and 83, and put them on to play, it broke my heart as my dad was trying to sing along with them, even as he was suffering, but I knew.. remembering many times b4 when we had been sick as children, or when he used to get those migraine headaches really often... My mom would play them.. over and over and over.. and somehow... b4 dawn broke, fevers had dissapated, and headaches left, stomach flu's gone...I knew that he needed the strength, and that the praise would help him to stand strong... so I played them.. one after the other, until he was up, his eyes had cleared, and he was smiling, watching my lil sister and I singing "I will sing.. I will dance" and dance around the living room. I rubbed his back, until I thought my hands would fall off. I told my friends to please pray. He is going to be better... He cannot keep going with a fever like that much longer.

Before I even left for work tonight I was getting texts saying we have some girls talking about running, its gonna be a crzy night... so I started praying, rebuking the devil, confessing peace on this household... when I got here, every single girl was out, like a baby. No sign of runaways tonight. Praise Jesus!!

I have been struggling to get back to him... been feeling so far from him, but tonight, I have seen him faithful, and I am excited to find out tomorrow, how my dad is doing when I get home.. I am expecting great things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment