Saturday, July 24, 2010

This n that

driving home from work, alone
watching the storm clouds cover
wondering if there will be anyone
to welcome me when I get home


Sitting on the raft in the pond
a thunderstorm overhead,
and lightning riddles the sky
spitting cherry pits at the volleyball players
and laughing at the faces they make

Sitting by myself on the huge log on the beach
the fish are looking at me, listening
as I play my favorite songs on my guitar

I watch the guys doing flips off the rope swing
wishing I didn't fear the things I longed to do
So grateful for the amazing things He's done in my life
Stumped by the things I wish to see changed in my heart

So happy to see my girls when they welcome me
with screams and hugs as I walk in the door at work
and so happy to finally leave them at the end of the day
leaving behind the responsibility, yet carrying it with me still
For every person we come into contact with, we are responsible for.
Realizing for every reaction, there is a catalyst,
Praying I'm part of the catalyst to bring a Godly reaction

Hating the things I do
Loving what I'm becoming
So scared to step out, to discover
So afraid to be here forever
Struggling with the woman within
Fighting every day to not be who I was
Resting in the peace the Father gives
and the knowledge of how much I am loved

Still wondering...
In spite of popular belief..
do I really look like...
Hannah Montana???!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment