Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Afternoons

The sound of giggles and splashes nudge me gently out of sound sleep.... I lay there a second.. open one eye slowly wondering what time it is... never far away, is my cell phone, the display on the front reads 1:45 pm.. I need more sleep..... but the longer I lay there the more I can't stay there... I jump out of bed, slip on my flipflops, and shuffle to the window where the sweet summer breeze flutters the curtains, and the maple leaves outside the kitchen window. I laugh softly at the sight below me... the breeze, the clear blue sky, the smell of warm sunshine tantalize my senses, the sight of the clothes flapping in the wind, and the laughter of children teasing each other in the pool beckons, its too much, the swimmin suit is goin on, this girls not gonna sleep any longer, she's gonna LIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment