Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Brothers and Eggs...







We have about 12 Chickens and one rooster... my sister is the one that feeds them in the morning, and makes sure they get put into the little barn every evening. They know her, and they know her voice.. When they are in the yard they will follow her. My little brothers are the ones that look for the eggs every morning and evening. My dad has been trying to figure out how many eggs we get a day, and which chickens lay eggs consistently every day, becuz we have 4 different kinds of chickens. So for about the past three weeks he has been stopping at the little barn and checking and gathering them every couple hours to see how many we've got yet on his way to the house, and on his way out to the shop. The most we've ever gotten in one 24 hour period is 12... One per chicken. Well my dad went out to check them yesterday morning and was stumped to find that there were 16 eggs in the roosts!!!!! How in the world!! He came inside quickly and told my mom, I can't believe this! Some must have laid double yesterday!! My mom was like.. no way! I don't think sooooo..... Well.. come to find out, my one brother had snuck into the refridgerator the night before, and taken 4 eggs out, and put them in the chicken roosts to see what mom and dad would say when they had extra eggs in the morning.. lol What a punk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment